Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Social Work Conference

I have to attend Social Work conferences occasionally to earn continuing education credits (CEU) to maintain my LCSW. I attended a day workshop on "Creative Approaches to Dealing with Psychosomatic Symptoms." It was nice to focus my brain on things besides children, but the creative approaches were really things I do everyday with kids; art, singing, dancing, writing, drama.


I took Aleeya with me and she was fabulous, as usual. She was welcomed by all of the class and during one of the projects they used her hands and feet to make prints. The look on her face was hilarious when the paint was put on her, usually stuff is being wiped off of her hands, now it was being wiped on!

Taylor took the day off work and stayed home with Carter and Serena. He did a great job and even kept the house clean. We got Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner, so it really was a complete day off from mom duties!

No comments:

Post a Comment