Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House




Our family had the opportunity to tour the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple. The tour was super organized and a few highlights for the children were the cart ride to and from the car and the cookies and water at the end.

The tour is silent, so they asked everyone to turn of cell phones etc., but they said that we could keep the children on. I appreciated this comment, as it acknowledged that they understood families.

Carter walked with his hands in his pockets, silently, the whole way through. Serena was also fairly reverent, just fast. There are many ushers, so she kept saying, "this way, this way?" Aleeya just took it all in.

The temple has beautiful chandeliers and marble staircases. I noted that it is wise to have durable easy to clean stairs, I think carpet is a pain. (I think I might need to change my focus to something more spiritual!)

It was a nice time together as a family and I am thankful that we could tell our children that mom and dad are married for eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time. I think we are going to try and go tomorrow. I actually noticed that they had removable temporary runners all around during the Draper Open House. I think its just the practical mom in you that notices those things.

    ReplyDelete