Our lesson in Relief Society was about prayer and Bonnie Whitlock asked for examples of prayer we remember being answered when we were children, it reminded me about an experience with Carter's prayers.
We had an Oldsmobile that the transmission was going out on, one day I decided to risk it and drive to the store (I knew a ward member was going to be selling Girl Scout cookies there and I really wanted some, I was pregnant, so that is my excuse). Well, of course, after we got our cookies, the car wouldn't start. I decided to go to another store there in the complex and then try again. I asked Carter to say a prayer that our car would work so we could get home. He gave a great prayer and when we tried again it started.
So... Carter knew that when he prayed the car would work. Well, Taylor drove the car to work one day and it officially died for good. We tried many things to get it started, but it was done. At one point we did say a prayer, but it was time for the Olds. to be donated to charity.
The cute thing is that several weeks later Carter was saying that he missed the white car and that if we would have let him get inside the car and he had prayed, that it would have been fixed. I love that in his mind, since we were not in the car when we prayed that it didn't work. Who knows he might have enough faith that if we had put him inside the car, it would still be running!
No comments:
Post a Comment