Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24th-Pioneer Day Celebration

We went to North Logan to celebrate Pioneer Day. Taylor had to work so it was just me and the children. North Logan has a parade that goes right by my childhood home and we have watched this parade for as long as I can remember.

The kids got TONS of candy! At the start of the parade Serena wasn't so sure she liked it, she first said she wanted to go home, then said she was hungry, then said she was tired and wanted to nap! She was saying anything she could think of to get inside the house! After Aunt Kimmie held her for a few minutes she got used to it and started picking up candy with Carter.


After the parade we went to the park for the "carnival." The kids got tattoos, courtesy of Aunt Kim, which lead them to get many more throughout the day from her. There was a basketball shooting game that Carter loved. It was free, so he played several times with me, then with Kimmie and then with Kaden Merrill.




Fun in the water !

In the afternoon we took a new trail that they have created to Elk Ridge Park. The girls slept in the stroller and Carter played on the playground. A mom is always a mom and will always worry, so after we had been gone about an hour Mom sent Kim to drive over and check on us, because it was hot and I had three kids in a stroller. So funny, I think she forgot that I used to not have a car and I walked WAY farther with the stroller in hot and cold weather.

For the fireworks display we went to the backyard of the Kartchner's and enjoyed their great view. Serena, again, didn't love the noise, but just wanted to be held.

We stayed overnight in Logan and then on Saturday afternoon I went with Carrie, Rhondda, Marisa and Tara to Coppermill for a late lunch. Then I headed home so that Taylor and I could go to a game night with friends from the neighborhood.

Thanks pioneers for your sacrifice and for a holiday to commemorate with lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment