Thursday, May 28, 2009

Are accidents contagious?


Serena was jumping on the bed last night (5/27) and fell off and bumped her head on the nightstand (feel free to sing about no more monkeys on the bed!). We went to the doctor and spent an hour and a half as they iced it, then put a gel on to stop the bleeding and then finally put on Dermabond. I guess she is destined to have bangs, since this is the second time she has cut her forehead!

It feels as though we might have an accident virus in our home...5/25, I missed the last stair going into the living room and twisted my ankle, it was swollen and painful for two days. 5/26, Aleeya climbs up one stair and then rolls back down. 5/28, I was walking upstairs and fell up the stairs (this has been a life long problem for me), I was carrying Aleeya so I fell on my knee since I couldn't use my arms. Then Carter falls down half of the stairs to the basement and I cut my finger with the apple slicer.

But we must have angels watching over us, because after I came home from the doctor with Serena and everyone got into bed it was late and I was kneeling down by the bed saying my prayers, when one of the screws came out of Aleeya's bassinet and it fell off of the bars that hold it up.

I must admit that I don't always kneel for my prayers, so I am thankful that I was right there and heard the bassinet fall and quickly got Aleeya out so there was no harm done. She is now sleeping in the pack-n-play and we REALLY will go and get a bed for Serena this weekend and then Aleeya can have the crib (this has been on the list of things to do for over a month).

5 comments:

  1. How fortunate you were there to catch Aleeya! Hope your days are accident free from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is crazy! Good thing you were there to save Aleeya. Why didn't you say anything about your ankle at playgroup?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is still in the bassinet???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until the doctors take you in separate rooms and start asking you questions to see if your answers match your childs, then this is just normal toddler-little kid stuff. Your doing great Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana,
    I think you are prone to spranging your ankle over the stairs. I remember on your honeymoon, you did the same thing--hang in there with all your accidents :).

    ReplyDelete