Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living Planet Aquarium and Mayan Restaurant

Outside Mayan restaurant
Serena has conquered the beast!
Carter being eaten-love his facial expression!
Aleeya, Serena, Carter, Savannah (friend)
Penguin growth charts

Poor Aleeya, always being attacked, not by frogs, just her sister.

We had a fun time at the aquarium and saw the octopus and penguins get fed. As we were leaving we let the kids look at the gift shop. All of them handled the fact that we weren't buying anything well, except Carter. He had a fit, he was crying and sobbing and saying he would never be able to remember what a fun time he had if he didn't get a souvenir.
I let him have his drama for what seemed like forever, giving him warnings and trying to help him find ways to calm down. Finally, I lost my cool and told him we couldn't go to the restaurant afterwards because he was not calming down. That threat did nothing-he just kept at it.I took him away out of the shop to a bench and he just got louder. Then I really had lost my patience and I grabbed him and carried him outside. Luckily, we were with Shae and her family so she brought the girls outside a few minutes later. He cried all the way to the van, and was even screaming when he got into his seat. I put in the girls and put away the stroller and by that time I think it hit him that we were going.
He calmed down and apologized to his friend and me. But I had said we couldn't go to the restaurant and he started pleading that he wanted to go. I had read that if you have the child make the consequence they will usually make it worse than you would, so I said what will you do as your punishment instead of missing the restaurant? He has been working on a chart to earn money to buy a DS game and he said you can throw away my chart. To that point, he had earned $7.00, so I told him he would get no money and I would throw away the chart and he agreed. Good thing for me because I really wanted to go to the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment