This year I have decided that with the few hours it takes to put up the tree and then an hour to put on the lights (I only throw them on, no putting them nicely attached to the branches) that I want to purchase a pre-lite easy to assemble tree. I started looking on-line and was hugely disappointed to see that they are very expensive. The tree we have now is a very nice one and so I am spoiled and want a nice tall, full tree. So...here is hoping to find a huge discount on a tree after Christmas.
Anyway, after avoiding it as long as I could, I even folded all of the laundry and put it away, it wasn't that bad. Carter had a great time and was helpful in holding the lights. Serena and Carter were very good at putting the ornaments on and they thought it was so much fun. Carter was making up his own words to "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas" as he decorated. So now that it is done we can enjoy the finished product.
I bought a tree last year that wasn't pre-lite but knew I didn't want to string light on it every year. I put the lights on it this year while the tree was still in sections then I wired the lights to the branches; next year the tree will be pre-lite! Let me know when you take the tree down and I'll come help you do it.
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the Christmas tree idea. This year we bought our last real tree. I plan on hitting the after Christmas sales also to find a tall prelit tree. I think your tree looks great!
ReplyDelete