We had a great family get away with our friends the McBride's, Parry's, Phair's, Wood's and about 50 other people that we became friends with! This place is amazing! There were two huge water slides and a zip line and camping was awesome with a beautiful lawn for the tent, shaded picnic tables, fire pit and flushing toilets.
We went on Thursday night with the McBride's and I loved chatting with them on the walkie-talkie's. Taylor and I learned how to play "Ticket to Ride" and I stayed up way later than I normally do!
Friday Carter spent the ENTIRE day going down the water slide. Serena wouldn't go on it at all, she said she was scared. Aleeya went down a few times with both Taylor and I and didn't seem to really have an opinion, just went with the flow.
Saturday was more playing and then we drove home. When we first started out I told Taylor I needed a 20 minute power nap and then I would chat. I asked if he was tired and he said he was fine. So, every time I started to sleep the van would swerve, I keep asking if things were good and I figured it was because Taylor was reaching for graham crackers. So about an hour into the drive James McBride, who we were following, pulled into a convenience store. He said that he kept falling asleep and needed a drink. Well, I guess the same was true of Taylor, he just told James that, not me! I guess it is part of the male code, never admit to your wife you are tired! So then the rest of the trip we talked on the walkie-talkies and everyone stayed awake.
The kids slept most of the way home, but at one point Carter kept complaining that we weren't following the McBride's apparently, they have to be in the lead! James is very "spatially aware," so the role of leader must fall to him!
Overall, a wonderful, relaxing fun time. Thank you to all who scheduled and planned and prepared, we are sure glad that you let us join you!
Overall, a wonderful, relaxing fun time. Thank you to all who scheduled and planned and prepared, we are sure glad that you let us join you!
We had a great time as well! Thanks for coming with us and making it a vacation we won't forget. We are definitely going to have to make this a yearly tradition. Love the video and Jackson laugh is so funny! I will soon post the pics of you on the zipline on my blog.
ReplyDeleteso much fun! looks like you got another blanket for serena? :)
ReplyDelete