Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude Turkey

 Serena posing by our Gratitude Turkey and a turkey she made in school.
I loved what the kids put on their feathers.  We try and do one every day in November, but we miss a few days and then do some extra.  The first day we started, this is what Serena wanted on her feather-she wanted this all on one- "Thankful for church with my family. I love Jesus. I love Heavenly Father. I love everything that is beautiful in the world."  It warmed my heart to hear her share her feelings. 

The first thing that Carter wrote that he was thankful for was "Me."  I am so glad that he has appreciation for himself.  I hope he keeps that throughout his life.  Some other Carter favorites: food-meetballs, Pokeman, and Erth.  He would illustrate his feathers also.

Some that Aleeya said, "Toys, Blankie, Clothes, Shoes, Shopping." Another day she said "Spencie." 

This is a simple tradition that makes me feel like we do more for Thanksgiving than just eat!

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea for a gratitude turkey! I really hope I remember this for next year!

    ReplyDelete